Table of Content
(Jesus' Ministry according to Gospel Mark in light of sociological theories)
I. Jesus' Ministry in the Gospel of Mark
- a. Place: Jesus started from Galilee and emphasized villages, rather than towns.
- b. Plan: Jesus seems to react according to the needs and leading of God the Father at that time, rather than using a pre-determined plan.
- c. His authority : related and similar to John; spiritual power.
- d. His supporters and opponents:
- e. The religious issues at stake: spiritual authority and true holiness.
II. Application of Sociological Theory
- 2. Chalmer's Johnson's Theory: Revolution as disequilibrim
- 3. James Davies' theory: Relative deprivation
- 4. N. Smelser's theory: Collective behavior- Contingency Theory:
B. Application of the theory and results